Apple Crisp


Is everyone done with their New Year's resolutions yet? Believe it or not, I'm still sticking to mine. Luckily, they don't involve avoiding sugar. (Maybe that's why they're easier to keep this year...)

Anyways, I had some apples rotting in the fridge. It was gross. They weren't really rotting, but they were past their prime for eating, and covered in bruises. Which was why I didn't eat them in the first place, I guess.

So, I sliced them up, covered them in cinnamon sugar, and topped with a cinnamon-sugar crumble made of gluten-free flour mix, sugar, cinnamon, and butter. I was going to sprinkle some vanilla over the apples, but I forgot. The whole thing went into the oven for about an hour at 350.

Topped with coconut cream ice cream (half coconut milk, half whipping cream, with some sugar and vanilla), the apple crisp was perfect for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

No real recipe for this one, since I mostly just threw things together willy-nilly, and there are plenty of recipes for both of these things all over the interwebs.  But if you've got some fruits languishing in your fridge, I hope this will inspire you to save them from the compost heap and enjoy them fully!

No comments:

Post a Comment