Weekly Meal Plan

I like it when life runs like a well-oiled machine. No surprises. Easy peasy. Tranquil.  But the reality is, life is just not like that - not for more than a day or two at least.



In an effort to make life a little easier on myself, I spent the entire day in the kitchen yesterday, prepping food for this week and putting up food for the winter. I roasted bell peppers and tomatoes for the freezer. I shredded and froze some zucchini, probably to make zucchini bread in the dead of winter. I made caramel sauce, fudge sauce, and the ice cream to go along with it. I made beef broth. I made beouf bourguignon in its entirety, pulling out some extra beef at the end to make BBQ sandwiches later in the week. I roasted radishes and onions for a meal this week, washed and trimmed baby kale, and put together the casserole for tomorrow's dinner. Oh yeah, and I found some time to make fried green tomatoes with those stubborn tomatoes that don't want to turn red. I must have used every dish in my kitchen - twice - but I was happy as a clam. My idea of a fun day is one spent puttering in the kitchen, but I do want a bit more time to spend on other things this coming week. We'll see how it goes.

Without any further ado, here's this week's meal plan:

  • Monday
    • Beouf bourguignon
    • Using farmer's market beef (from a few weeks ago), pearl onions, and tomatoes
  • Tuesday
    • Baked spaghetti
    • Using farmer's market cheese (from a few weeks ago) and ground beef
  • Wednesday
    • BBQ
    • Using farmer's market beef, left over from the beouf bourguignon 
  • Thursday
    • Bread soup
    • Using beef broth made from farmer's market onions, garlic, and soup bone
  • Friday
    • Super salad, using this recipe, corn, and avocado
    • Using farmer's market corn (from a few weeks ago) and potatoes
  • Saturday
    • Roasted radishes, onions, and garlic, with avocado on toast (sort of like this)
I'm on a journey to find some peace this week. I hope you can find some as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment