Gluten Free Dinner at Vinto

Vinto is easily one of my favorite restaurants in Salt Lake City. From salads, to pasta, to pizza, there's something for everyone. Including a full bar (I'm in love with their house red wine, which is $1 an ounce).

One of the best things about Vinto (besides the food and the wine, I'll get there, I promise) is the atmosphere. It's contemporary while still maintaining a traditional feel. The brick oven for the pizzas is visible from the dining room, and you can see piles of heirloom tomatoes at the pizza station. Yum.




Pizza and pasta were two major things I missed when I went gluten free. I tried all sorts of pizza crusts, from ones I made that ended up too thick, or zany crusts like one made out of cauliflower (too soggy), to "crustless" pizzas (what's the point?). And pasta was another ordeal altogether. Thankfully, I've discovered some great options in the last few months, but it's always nice to have the option to go out for gluten free pizza once in awhile. Vinto offers any pizza on a gluten free crust for an extra two dollars. Likewise, any pasta dish can be made gluten free for an extra two dollars.

The pizza comes on a thin, crispy crust with a plate of thyme, pepper flakes, and parmesan cheese on the side so you can season your pizza to taste. The pizza toppings can only be described as gourmet - roasted bell peppers, sausages, caramelized onions, fontina, goat cheese, I could go on. One pizza is enough for two people to share (or I could eat a whole one when I'm really hungry and lacking all self control).

We usually split a salad and a pizza, but since I was dining alone this time, I decided to do something different. I had the V Salad (order without breadsticks for gluten free), which includes proscuitto, arugula, and shavings of parmesan, all lightly dressed with lemon and olive oil.


Next came the Forest Mushroom and Artichoke Pasta on gluten free linguine. I don't have much to say except that it was perfect. Buttery but not greasy, seasonings perfectly balanced, and oh so delicious. It was all I could do not to lick the bowl clean.


I'm not sure about gluten free desserts at Vinto because by the time I get through my meal, there's emphatically no room left in my stomach for dessert. But it's well worth it. Stop by and give Vinto a try!

418 East 200 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84102
(801) 539-9999

900 Main Street
Park City, UT 84060
(435) 615-9990

No comments:

Post a Comment