Updated: Cranberry Orange Muffin Recipe

Got any leftover cranberries? If you're like me, there was no cranberry sauce, leaving lots of cranberries for other things, like my favorite, cranberry orange muffins...I totally stock up on cranberries this time of year so I have them all year round.

About a month ago, I posted a recipe for cranberry-orange muffins. When I went to make them today, I realized I hadn't given any of the liquid ingredients in the recipe! Silly me.  The recipe in the link is fixed, but here's the recipe just in case:

Gluten-Free Cranberry Orange Muffins

Ingredients:

  • 160 g gluten-free flour mix (I used the white flour blend* from Gluten-Free Girl Every Day)
  • 30 g flaxseed meal
  • 1/4 t baking powder
  • 1/4 t baking soda
  • 1/8 t salt
  • 1 T psyllium husks
  • 1/2 c sugar
  • 1 T orange zest
  • 3 T butter, melted and slightly cooled
  • 1/2 c buttermilk
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 t vanilla extract
  • 1 T orange juice
  • 1/2 c cranberries

For the crumble:

  • 2 T cold butter
  • 2 T gluten free flour
  • 1/4 c sugar
  • 1 T cinnamon
  • 1 t orange zest
  • pinch salt

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.  Line a muffin pan with papers.

Prepare the crumble: cut the butter into the sugar, then stir in the remaining ingredients. Set aside.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the orange zest and sugar. Whisk in the remaining dry ingredients.

In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, egg, butter, and vanilla.

Pour the liquid into the dry ingredients. Stir half-way and add the cranberries. Stir very gently until combined.

Use a spoon to divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin tins.

Top with the crumble, pressing lightly on the tops.

Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out almost clean.


*I've also used their whole-grain flour mix, and that turned out well, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment