Italy was Cold! A Wedding and Honeymoon Sweater

I can go on and on about how much I loved Italy's climate (and I do here), but after our first few days in Rome, Italy turned cold. We'd checked the weather forecasts and tried to pack light, so I figured this sweater would be plenty to keep me warm. 


The pattern is Aidez, made with Plymouth Baby Alpaca Grande, it's a pretty warm sweater, and it was warm enough most days - but I also paired it with a hat, scarf and fingerless mittens on colder days.


The cables were actually pretty easy to do. There's not as much going on as it looks like, so once I got into a rhythm it all sailed along pretty nicely. I finished all the pieces and steam blocked them before we left for our wedding, then seamed it in stolen moments between dinners, luncheons, and the like. It was easy and quick to seam, and was ready to wear for our rehearsal dinner!


As you can see above, the fronts are pretty open, which is usually how I like my cardigans. I shortened the sleeves and body since I'm short and have short arms. The sleeves hit just below my wrists, and the body of the sweater hits just below the fullest part of my hips.


The softness of the yarn makes it such a joy to knit, and also makes it a bit fuzzy, but it is still so warm and soft!

Ravelry project page here.

No comments:

Post a Comment