It's All Coming Back to Me Now

So, as you may know, I live in a small apartment. We are blessed with a patio and dirt that I can actually plant in. I have a few plants who live in pots so they can come inside to stick it out during the winter...and my bay laurel was one of them. The only thing was, I left it outside and didn't water it for maybe a little too long.

I brought it inside anyways, and watered it whenever I thought about it, which if we're honest, was not very often this winter. 

It looked dead. All the leaves dried out and sounded all rattly. I kept meaning to throw it out, but didn't quite get around to it.


Imagine my surprise when I found this shoot growing from the base! It makes me pretty darn happy when life continues even when you think it's over. (An allegory for winter? Perhaps...)



No comments:

Post a Comment