Weekend Links

I spent this weekend at my best friend's wedding - catching up with old friends, making new friends, and enjoying being in Virginia.  It was a great wedding and a fantastic party!

Knitting

I forgot to pack my knitted hearts in my luggage this weekend, but I am loving this Valentine's knitted and crochet heart bomb.

DIY

This one's really more about life than DIY, but I just had to share it. It's about preventing burnout. Definitely worth a read if you ever feel overwhelmed.

Gardening

Yes, yes, and yes. This winter, I've chased away winter blues by keeping fresh flowers in the house and even forcing my own bulbs. After reading Flower Confidential, I'm more than a little grossed out by the chemicals cut flowers are treated with, so I buy them at Whole Foods, aiming for local-ish flowers as much as possible. But there's always room for improvement ...

Cooking

Um...bruschetta with leeks, goat cheese, and bacon? Yum! Also, I had no idea this community existed. You can bet I'll be surfing there for some recipe inspiration soon. And one more - coconut waffles.  I don't usually go in for waffles, but I've been craving them lately...

What caught your eye over the weekend?

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun weekend! Best of luck with your knitting project! www.thefitknitter.com

    ReplyDelete