Finally

It's finally spring. Finally. This winter has been absolutely brutal, and miserable, and now it's technically over. It's been warming up in fits and starts. We've started to have rain instead of snow, and I couldn't be more delighted. Seriously. The rain makes me smile. I want to dance in it. And sometimes I do.

A couple of weeks ago, though, there was still snow on the ground, but the sun had finally come out. I don't know how many times this winter I passed these rose hips, but it was so dark and dreary I hardly gave them a second glance. But this time, the sun was shining, and it was just so gorgeous I had to take a second look.



I've always had a thing for seedpods that hang on to their parent plants all winter. The shapes, the colors, the reminder of what once was and what will come again.

Finally, spring has come again.

No comments:

Post a Comment