Looking Back, Looking Ahead

What a year 2012 was. I graduated from law school, moved across the country, and passed the bar exam. I had a contract job for a while, but that project is long gone and I'm looking for something new. I lost thirty pounds. I started this blog.

I guess you could say I managed to achieve a lot in 2012, but when I look back that's not what I think about. I remember the food I ate. I remember Arches, Zion, the Grand Canyon, and even Breaks (nicknamed the Grand Canyon of the South...it's nowhere near close to the Grand Canyon, but has a beauty of its own). I remember seeing the Golden Spike, Timpanogos, the Great Salt Lake. I remember getting our first puppy of our very own, a cuddly little guy who has quickly grown up into a brilliant and wonderful dog. I remember getting engaged to the love of my life. I remember discovering - and taking control of - my own health.

This year, I'm in transition. For the first time in my life, I'm not in school. I guess you could say I'm an adult, but I'm not really sure how to be an adult. In a year's time, I want to look back at 2013 and remember that it was the year I achieved financial independence, the year I started to learn how to be a grown up.

But more importantly, I want it to be a year of friends. Of creativity, confidence, and learning. I want it to be a year of health, of not just discovering health, but of having it, enjoying it, thriving with it all year long. And I want to enjoy the little things, to relax, to smile, to laugh.



Here's to 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment