Switchboard

I'm sort of a knitting geek.  I can't help myself.  Wherever I go, my knitting goes. I've even taken to knitting in restaurants and bars while we wait for our food.  In short, I've passed the point of no return.


Lately, I've been dabbling in designing knitting patterns. It started with these mittens. (Which apparently I never blogged the finishing of, but they are finished.) Then, I saw the cutest bulletin board in a yarn shop. It was knit in creamy wool, and used to display shawl pins.  I knew I had to have one of my very own to use as a real bulletin board. Because nothing gets me turned on faster than a bulletin board. Unless it's a knit bulletin board.

I'm calling it "Switchboard." You know - like the old telephone operators used to use - because every detail of my life gets put up there, organized, moved, rearranged. Ravelry page here.



Sooner or later, I'll get the pattern written up. It's fairly quick and easy, despite the cables. The yarn alone is so worth it - Baby Alpaca Grande, so thick and bouncy and soft. Like love in a skein. I may or may not have ordered a whole baleful of the stuff just to roll around in...


ps - can you spot the miscrossed cable? well, life is like that too!

No comments:

Post a Comment