Bruschetta

If you're lucky enough to still have fresh heirloom tomatoes where you are, I hope you're savoring them. My favorite way to do this is with some bruschetta.

Take some amazing gluten-free bread, and sprinkle it with basil, oregano, garlic, and thyme. I use Penzey's Pasta Sprinkle, because it goes on everything I make. I buy it in big ol' bags, and no, they didn't pay me to say that...


Smother with butter, and don't tell my mother I still eat butter all by itself...then toast to get the butter and herbs all way down in the cracks of the bread




Wash up some heirloom tomatoes. The middle one is from my garden, and the other two from the farmer's market.


Slice 'em up

Add some mozzarella cheese to the toasted bread, and some roasted bell peppers while you're at it, just because you can.


Top with tomatoes and fresh basil, some salt and pepper


And you've got your bruschetta!

No comments:

Post a Comment