Round and Round and Round and Round

Busy bee, busybody, busy, busy, busy. I'm not sure why I can't sit still, but I am constantly going round and round, and round and round. The ideas go around in my head, and then there are things that absolutely must get done right. this. minute. 

Like this. I saw something in a yarn store, and decided I had to make it. What's more, I decided that I had to spin the yarn myself. Now, I haven't picked up my spindle in a couple of years, and I've never actually spun enough yarn to make something real before. But by golly, I was going to do it this time!


The fiber is Blue-Faced-Leicester, and very soft. I spun medium weight, then plied two strands together. The result was nice and bulky, fluffy, and springy.


It turned out there wasn't enough yarn to make what I was thinking of in the first place, so I made a luscious cowl instead.


I can't say I'm looking forward to winter, but this might just help take the bite out!

No comments:

Post a Comment