Weekly Meal Plan

Around here, everything gets written  down by hand long before it gets typed up. There are grocery lists, to-do lists, lists of recipes to try, lists of books to read, you name it. Even blog posts get written down by hand before they get to go live online. My brain just works better that way.



Anyways, I really don't know where I'd be without my weekly meal plan. It's been a part of life for as long as I can remember. From helping my mother make them as a kid to making my own in college, these lists are as much a part of my routine as my daily cup of coffee. (By the way, I really love to use these, and no, nobody paid me to say that.)

Each week, I'll have my weekly meal plan up on this website. When the farmer's market is open (through October round these parts), my weekly farmer's market finds will take center stage in my menu planning. When I can, I'll link to the recipes I use, but I'll be thinking on my feet just as often. And please note, even when I'm using someone else's recipe, it's just a jumping off point. I love to experiment.

You may notice that I don't plan for the entire week. That's because sometimes there are leftovers to deal with. Sometimes other things come up, and dinner is just a sandwich on gluten free bread, or a fried egg. And sometimes, one of those "empty" nights is filled by dinner at a restaurant or with friends. If you're using my list for inspiration, please consider it just that - use your imagination to fill those other nights with something really delicious! Enjoy!

This week's menu:

  • Monday
    • Shrimp and Grits 
    • Featuring farmer's market peppers, tomatoes, onion, and maybe a touch of corn
  • Tuesday
  • Wednesday
    • Corn chowder
    • Farmer's market corn, of course, plus farmer's market cheese, potato, onions, and peppers
  • Thursday
    • Spaghetti with meat sauce
    • Farmer's market onions, tomato, and ground beef
  • Friday
    • Pizza
    • Finishing off this week with farmer's market cheese, tomatoes, onions, and pepper
  • Treats
    • Chocolate chip zucchini bread (using farmer's market zucchini)
    • Blackberries (straight from the market...we'll see how long they last before they get gobbled up!)



No comments:

Post a Comment