Dog Days



I don't know why, but these last two weeks hit me like a ton of bricks.

There's been work. And play. And for a whole week, fireworks until well past my bedtime.

It's been hot. There's been rain, which makes me do a happy dance every time I see it. (Yes, really.)

Sometimes this sort of thing makes me feel overwhelmed, but right now I'm just tired.

I guess they call this the dog days of summer for a reason. The dog is totally relaxed, just rolling around on his back and acting like I'm crazy for trying to do so much.

Last week, I wrote a series of posts about adventures in National Parks and Monuments. There's more to come, but I lost steam halfway through the week, and they're just going to have to wait until later. 

Maybe I'll see you here next week. I'm going to go have ice cream for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment